gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Elena Zannoni
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:01:45 -0500

David Carlton writes:
 > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:42:14 -0800, Michael Snyder <address@hidden> said:
 > > Andrew Cagney wrote:
 >
 > >> Simple rough Commit count (which ignores review activity, and doc/
 > >> testsuite/ directories) shows:
 > >> 475 AndrewC (-)
 > > [...]
 > >> 27 MichaelS (*)
 > >> ..
 > >> (- ex-Cygnus, * Cygnus) you get the picture.
 >
 > > I'm confused -- why am I "Cygnus" and you are "ex-Cygnus"?
 > > Don't we both work for Red Hat?
 >
 > I was about to ask the same thing.  Is there some sort of internal Red
 > Hat politics going on here?  If so, I would really appreciate Andrew
 > spelling out his view of that situation.  I would also like to know
 > where Daniel, Mark and I fit into Andrew's picture.

Hmm, interesting question. You already should know the answer to it,
because I have posted it in my initial message which was forwarded to
this list.

I wrote:
"I also want to take the opportunity to make clear that I have no
affiliation whatsoever with the Red Hat employees that fomented the
discord. Together with Andrew Cagney and Jeff Johnston, I belong to a
separate organization, with a completely disjoint reporting structure."

>From our activities on the gdb-patches mailing list, it should be
pretty easy to pick up the pattern that Andrew, Jeff and I focus on
GNU/Linux now. Looked at a RH gdb rpm recently?