gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Michael Snyder
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:36:12 -0800

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
Daniel Jacobowitz <address@hidden> writes:

Who, from "Cygnus", do you see still being significantly involved in development?

Certainly all five of our global maintainers at Red Hat are still
significantly involved in development, and as far as I know they all
did GDB development at Cygnus.  There are others in the various parts
of Red Hat, also mostly originating from Cygnus.  Jeff, Corinna, and
Chris are the most active on that list.

Heck, it's worse than that, since 8 of the 12 people listed as global
maintainers in gdb/MAINTAINERS are either Cygnus/Red Hat or ex-Cygnus.
(I don't know how many of those people are actively working on gdb.)
The binutils are much worse--7 out of 8 global maintainers are Cygnus
or ex-Cygnus.

Err, this is getting confusing.  Nobody works for Cygnus any more.
We're all either ex-cygnus or never-cygnus.  Some of us who are
ex-cygnus work for Red Hat now, some don't.  Andrew, Elena, Jim,
Kevin, Corinna, Ian and I are all ex-cygnus.  Of those named,
only Ian does not work for Red Hat.

But I would have to agree that it doesn't really matter.

Sure seems to be coming up a lot...