gdb

[Gdb] Gnu Remote serial protocol

From: jude dan
Subject: [Gdb] Gnu Remote serial protocol
Date: 8 Feb 2001 02:51:16 MST

Sir,
    I am developing a client server program.the server is a software running
on a board that evaluates a chip.The client is a PC software .
The client asks the server to read the memory location by specifying the
address and send the value back to server(listening to an rs232 port).the
client displays the value.I went through the gnu remote serial protocol.but i
am not able to pack my request in the format shown as i have to send what is
the data size also.

eg for read memory request.
client request : address , datasize , how many u wany ;
ie  say 1000 , 16 ,5
this means i want 5 dataitems each 16 bits long starting from memory location
1000.

Can this be done using gnu protocol ?
If so , how.The packet format does not match.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
judy