geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Corrections for Geiser/doc/repl.texi

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Corrections for Geiser/doc/repl.texi
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:04:17 +0100

Thanks Mark. I've applied most your suggestions below (and the patches
in your previous emails), with the commented exception:

On Mon, Jan 10 2011, Mark Harig wrote:

[...]

> Also, I suggest replacing "a per REPL basis" with "a per-REPL basis."

I have never seen "per" used with an hyphen. I just checked MW's
Dictionary of English Usage, Swan's Practical English Usage and the
OED, and in none of the more two dozen examples they give is there an
hyphen: why do you think hyphenation is (more) correct here?

Cheers,
jao
--
A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but
saying, in other words, that he is wiser today than he was yesterday.