geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Using geiser from elisp

From: mikelygee
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Using geiser from elisp
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:52:42 +1300

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 01:37:01 +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
On Sun, Nov 25 2012, address@hidden wrote:

I've just installed Geiser, with an eye towards using it to improve
support for scheme in org mode, and could use some help getting
acquainted with Geiser.

I can create a geiser REPL, and interact with it directly, but I can't seem to switch between the REPL and a source file. When I hit C-c C-z
in the source file, it always fires up another REPL; when I do that
from the REPL, nothing seems to happen (focus stays in the REPL). Any
speculation on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated.

Hard to say :) What versions of Emacs and Geiser are you using? What
scheme and version?  How did you install Geiser?

It seems to work on my linux box (debian stable, emacs 23, guile, geiser installed from ELPA).

On my other machine (Windows 7 64-bit, ntemacs 24, geiser installed from ELPA), I can interact with Racket, but when I try to use guile (under cygwin), I get the message "No prompt found!". THe guile interpreter is running--I can interact with it from the REPL window, but there appears to be no connection between the REPL buffer and the script buffer.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Mike