getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Get Nedelec DOF orientations

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: [Getfem-users] Get Nedelec DOF orientations
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:09:09 +0100

Hi!

Given a tetrahedron "cv" with Nedelec DOFs, and a local DOF number d, is
there a simple way in GetFEM to get a vector that points in the same
direction as the vectorial DOF d?

I'm trying to solve an electromagnetic problem, and I need to construct
the kernel of the curl operator. For each node, I must have a list of
all Nedelec DOFs on edges connected to the node, and I must know if they
points towards or away from the node. Therefore I need the direction of
the DOF.

I have tried to obtain the value of the DOF at its "home location", by
using a fem_interpolation_context, but I'm not completely sure I'm doing
it correctly. By this method I am able to contruct vectors in the kernel
of curl in 2d, but in 3d I get vectors not in the kernel.

Best regards and thanks,
Torquil Sørensen