ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] How to your keys ?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] How to your keys ?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:27:26 -0400

I cannot help you with 1, or 3 since I do not use these programs.  As
for 2, and 4, what exactly did you run? What are you exactly trying to
do?

If you just want to sign a file,

 $ gpg --clearsign FILE

Or for encryption,

 $ gpg --output FILE.gpg --encrypt --recipient PEOPLE FILE

   #2 after upgrading thunderbird to version 31.0 I could install the
   enigmail add-on but HTML in emails didn't work anymore. Took al
   while to figure that enigmail has disabled it.  After that
   thunderbird was asking for the gpg passphrase almost for every
   email even though I told it t do that only every 600 minutes.

I would recommend gpg-agent, which is distributed with gpg, instead.
See
https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Invoking-GPG_002dAGENT.html

You might want to read both the GPG Privacy Guard manual
(https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/) and the GNU
Privacy Guard Handbook (https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html) in
solitude and try to understand how GPG works.