Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 20:19:32 +0200

> There might be some other wikis that use xslt and cvs (this feature I know
> there is; the problem is that if you search 'wiki cvs', you get their source
> code repositories). And with some plugins, it might be very easy to convert
> olaf's syntax to its equivalent xml (the reverse can be easily done with
> xslt). I'll check that.

That's interesting! Yes, we should check this to see if something cool exists
in that direction (wiki + xml + cvs).

Simultaneously, I'll have a quick look (asap) at what would all be needed for
an xml (xsl) and cvs enabled olaf. If it seems somehow feasable within a
reasonable amount of time, I'll try it. Otherwise we use the best xml (xsl)
enabled wiki possibility we found and I'll simply implement some open edit
possibility with an easy backup possibility to have also a wiki enabled olaf.
Like that all contents can be opened (wiki text, docbook manuals and olaf web
content).

> I think Disney prefers xml-like constructions (although without xml
> syntax).

Yes, you got it! lol! But I can live with wiki too (because at least it works
well), I'll just complain from time to time. :) No... I think that I complained
enough for now!

Gabriel