Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:31:37 +0200

> > It depends the discussion. For task allocation and draft doc, even
> > commented,
> > it's cool. Some complexe discussion is better on ml. But discussion's
> > results
> > should be resumed and put on Wiki.
>
> Actually, you can ask twiki to send you a mail when a topic changes (there
> might be even a way to get mail for more generic stuff).

Yes, I know that, and I added my name in that list since the beginning (the
same night you finished the installing of twiki). But I never received any
e-mail notification. All that seems to be done is to add one's name at the
WebNotify page (http://www.ysagoon.com/twiki/bin/view/Glob2/WebNotify) do you
have an idea why I didn't receive anything yet?

Oh, and about e-mail, I receive a copy of all the new user registration
e-mails. That doesn't bother me at all, but I just mention it so that you know
it.

> I began to port the manual to wiki's syntax such that anybody can edit it
> (it's much simpler than having to find a cvs client).

Thanks that's great!

> But there might be an
> xslt plugin for wiki so edits would be with the docbook syntax.

Yes, I completely agree. That's why I never contributed to the documentation
until now. But if I edit the wiki manual, how will the changes go back to the
cvs docbook manual? If we do a lot of little edits here and there instead of
adding a big block of text, will these changes be added one day to the cvs
docmentation? And how?

Or should we wait until we have installed an xml extention to twiki?

Gabriel