Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Wiki board
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 05:12:21 +0200

> Yes, I know that, and I added my name in that list since the beginning (the
> same night you finished the installing of twiki). But I never received any
> e-mail notification. All that seems to be done is to add one's name at the
> WebNotify page (http://www.ysagoon.com/twiki/bin/view/Glob2/WebNotify) do you
> have an idea why I didn't receive anything yet?

It may be a problem with the twiki email smtp configuration, but everything
seems correct to me. From
http://www.ysagoon.com/twiki/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiPreferences:

    *  TWiki webmaster email address:
          o Set WIKIWEBMASTER = address@hidden

    * Mail host for outgoing mail. This is used for WebChangesAlert if Perl
module Net::SMTP is installed. If not, or if SMTPMAILHOST is empty, the
external sendmail program is used instead (defined by $mailProgram in
TWiki.cfg). Examples: mail.your.company or localhost
          o Set SMTPMAILHOST = mail.ysagoon.com

    * Mail domain sending mail. SMTP requires that you identify the TWiki
server sending mail. If not set, Net::SMTP will guess it for you. Ex:
twiki.your.company
          o Set SMTPSENDERHOST = ysagoon.com

    * Proxy Server. Some environments require outbound HTTP traffic to go
through a proxy server. Set the host in PROXYHOST (example:
proxy.your.company), and the port number in PROXYPORT (example: 8080). No proxy
is used if PROXYHOST or PROXYPORT is empty.
          o Set PROXYHOST =
          o Set PROXYPORT =

Gabriel