Re: [glob2-devel] Script

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Script
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:20:36 +0200

> And don't forget, an RTS game is only as good as its maps and campaigns are.

You can't say that enough! We should build up some map (and ampaingn!)
feed-back page on the wiki, so that we can learn more about our own work. We
should even feed-back the old maps, because in some of them there are a few
good that should deserve some feed-back for improvement, and we should of
course also try to understand what doesn't work well with some maps and why.

Thus alpha testers needed because we have something like zero feedback from end
users! :) Perhaps we should ask some more precise quesions to push users to
answer (such as "what do you think about the gameplay?" or about the map
design, etc).

We should also set up a page (on the normal glob2 web), that's called
"contribute" and that tells the users how they can help (with a global and
precise todo list). I suggest:
- feedback
- get the mailing
- make maps
- make map scripts
- make 160 sprites
- enhance the documentation
- translate game or web
- make any code or graphics
- make make

I'll have a serious look at the current state of the glob2 web (and doc) in the
next days to add a lot of stuff.

Gabriel