[glob2-devel] alpha10 release?

From: Hein-Pieter van Braam
Subject: [glob2-devel] alpha10 release?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 03:04:57 +0100

hi all!

it's beginning to happen quite a lot that people with very old versions of
glob, alpha 9 and even alpha 8 show up on YOG

these people are usually not even getting connected to IRC, so most think
there is absolutely nobody playing glob2... ever ;)

I would like to know if there are any major objections to releasing alpha 10
as-is. (and document it's weirdnesses when it comes to the current map
up/download stuff. )

I would also like to propose this to be the "last" release before the new YOG,
with prehaps 1 more intermediate release to test any new artwork for menus we
might have at some point.

this is also why I suggest a branch for the new YOG code, so we can "maintain"
our current "users" with a playabe experience, while we might improve menus
somewhat.

I hope this will both attract more testerst to glob2 like workers to a
clearing flag :)

I would like (for alpha10)

* README that explains this is alpha blablabla and lists the map up/download
stuff as a known bug.
* Linux binaries for debian, suse 9.x, mdk 10.x and fc 2 and 3
* Windows binaries + installer

I don't believe that there are currently any release critical bugs for an
alpha release.

I am not able to produce macos binaries myself so I do not want to "require"
them. if people feel that they ARE required I might be able to get one of my
friends to build them.

please let me know, I am totally willing to do any work related to preparing
the alpha10 release by myself, I just want approval (or disapproval ;))

greetings,

hp