Re: [glob2-devel] Random Map Generator Noy Producing Enough Resources

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Random Map Generator Noy Producing Enough Resources
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:27:30 -0800

I guess my dream for random maps in globulation 2 is to implement
themes, rather than just realistic looking shapes. In age of
mythology, for example, you would play on a set of random map scripts
which would generate their random map based on a set of constraints.
The various maps would be themed, you ould have things liek gold rush,
highland, king of the hill, water way, islands, etc.

I was figuring this was possible in the language we embedded when I
talked about using the embedded language for random map generation. A
constraint based random map generation would allow map makers he
ability to make a map, but also, each time its played, it would be
somewhat different.