[glob2-devel] Remember the old inn bug?

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Remember the old inn bug?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:52:31 -0800

If you remember the inn bug, you shouldn't have much trouble in
figuring out this one. If you don't, I'll remind you. The inn bug was
when there where inns that wheren't full up on fruits, but where full
up on wheat, and workers tried to sebscribe to the inn despite the
fact that there was no work for them (no fruit trees around). This
causes almost all of your free workers to idle and not to anything
new. The bug was solved by andrew, cheers, but I think a similiar bug
has surfaced. This one is more subtle, but seems to have the same
effect (I haven't done any extensive testing, I couldn't make a
testcase due to another bug in the map editor).

I noticed when I was testing Nicowar that it wasn't really doing much
for allot of its time. I did notice that it had an inn and a swarm
under construction with no workers working on it, among other things.
I checked the stats page, and Nicowar did indeed have spare workers,
infact several of them (looking for a job). I also noticed that there
was a school under construction, but due to the fact that Nicowar had
no swimming pool constructed, the school wasn't finished, and just
remained there, full up on wood, waiting for algae. I wasn't really
alarmed, but just for test, i dropped the number of units assigned to
the school to 0. In a flash, the inn and swarm both filled up with
units, even though the school had been using no units in the first
place, by assigning it to 0, all the prospective units became "free".
Resembalance to the inn bug is clear, the units are trying to subsribe
to a building, and even though there is work for them, there is no way
to perform the work.