Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language (again)

From: Martin Voelkle
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Embedded scripting language (again)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:56:54 +0100

>     1) A full, version and operating system portable vm dump, if desired

Again, could you *please* give some reference for this? A link to the
corresponding API, anything.
If you are talking about the heap only (global dict), then this is not
full: the stack is missing.

>     2) Thread support isn't the worlds best, but it lives up to our
> requirements. Threads are only needed for Map Scripts, they are
> optional but elegant (we could more simply have a callback system)

As MWM said, coroutines are easy to implement.

>     2) Can allow a hacker access to the underlieing system if he/she
> is experienced enough and willing to work around all inplace security
> features (python does have them)

Like with any other runtime anyway.
Can you give us some links to the security features?

Martin