Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha19

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha19
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:13:29 +1300

Well, heres a few minor things that need fixing to make alpha19 better and I dont think they are too hard (hopefully):

* The credits page is broken. It doesn't scroll credits.
* Even when I set "Low Quality" in settings, the menu still does that button hover effect. Is this able to be turned off using that option?
* Many translations are incomplete. Consider removing them from the release, creating a new wiki page called translations or whatever and posting them there (with all the [tags] in there, most are missing some) for people to download, edit, and email to one of the developers? (I'd be happy to do this if you let me know what email you want the finished ones sent to)
* Finish doing http://globulation2.org/wiki/Usability_issues (or as much of it as you can). They will all make the game better.
* Do a quick hack to campaign 5 and 6 to make them easier to complete. They are near impossible atm.
* When you first go to Custom game, theres a big red X. Remove that. Just leave it blank till someone selects a game. Or have text/image that says "Please select a game from the selections available on the left" (or whatever you think is good). The X is ugly.
* The tutorial page should have a back button on the bottom left of the screen.
* When you save the tutorial, and reload it, it doesn't show the text you saved on, it comes up with the text "click space to continue" which means you miss out on reading it if you havn't already done so. Perhaps you could show the text?

Heres one for GeniXPro. Many people have said this. And I agree with them. You should move some of inital text (from "this tutorial is long" till "clicking load again") displayed when you hit "Tutorial > Start" into the campaign text. Also expand the text about what the tutorial coveres so people can get an idea of what they will learn.

If those were quickly implemented, that would make the game far more pleasing IMO.

Some questions about the network rewrite. Will this include adding support for encrypted passwords? I dont like the idea of my password being available for anyone to see :S Both locally and wherever its stored on Kyles server.

On 2/26/06, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden > wrote:
> This means I should finish the tutorial eh? Ok, I'll try to get it
> done for sunday.

That would be nice, but don't feel overpressured about it. Please take the one
from ./syncmaps as I've made some changes (using >= instead of = for more
robustness at some place for instance)