Re: [glob2-devel] Evolutions vs Revolutions

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Evolutions vs Revolutions
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:36:12 +0100

Well, let me quote Zack Rusin from Trolltech:

"* 99% of Open Source projects is 90% complete
* The last 10% is 90% of work
        - mainly because it's boring!
* The difference between “unusable” and “best of  the field” is about 9%"
http://ktown.kde.org/~zrusin/fosdem.pdf

Today's Glob2 code base is good enough to make a great game. Even the network,
probably the hardest part to understand, might be "upgradable" without a
total rewrite, but one should really invest some time in it.

But I totally agree we should put on the webpage which area need developer
help. For instance, map editor really need a GUI upgrade.