Re: [glob2-devel] Flame thread (insults, code rewrite and other trolls!)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Flame thread (insults, code rewrite and other trolls!)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:36:04 -0700

I give up. My apoligies for the nazi thing, I was writing quickly and
couldn't think of another example of blindly following the leader.

I can't work on the project. Although I've tried very hard to be
productive, and I tried to stop being pessissmistic, and it sort of
blew up in my face, I had to ask several questions to nct on the map
rewrite, i got barely a ninth of the way in and got lost.

Then you guys mention that we shouldn't use boost, and, in particular,
everyone agrees dependancies are bad. This doesn't make me happy,
maybe if we used a few dependancies our code would be cleaner, easier,
and more productive.

Maybe if we had used existing alternatives to the streams, widgets,
and SGSL libraries maybe the project would be simpler. The libraries,
atleast (if we didn't pick the worst of possibilities), would be
documented, tested, debugged, etc.. That way I could be productive,
and, because so little time was spent doing streams, widgets, and
SGSL, glob2 as a whole would be more complete as well.

I feel quite bad about myself that I can't understand most of the
code, its rather complex, undocumented, and very hackish in feel (as
in hack fixes), but nevertheless its code, and i should be able to
read it.

I apologize for my flaming. I aplogize for arguing, and any
intentional or un-intentional insults made at various developers of
the game, and whatever else you guys think I've done wrong.