Re: [glob2-devel] The next release

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] The next release
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 19:19:21 +0100

Hi,

Sorry to replay late; I'm using a new computer at work and its own bogofilter
does not know that glob2 mails are kind ones yet... so I just discovered 20
glob2 mails in spam.

> I'm not sure who is the release manager anymore. If I'm still it and
> everyone is comfortable with releasing now, then I'll go ahead and do
> it.

As far as I know it, you're glob2 maintainer, which means you lead the
development. For release manager, it's not good to have a release manager
without internet access because he can't really stay up-to-date with what's
happenning with the players or the developers community. I agree with Leo and
Kai that we should not release right away, but I agree with you that we
should release soon. I think we should let Leo finish his new effect, test
the CVS head in the meantime, trying to hunt the biggest possible number of
bugs, than release a new version. I think that changing version naming is
good, but if you do not like it, let's keep the current one.

Is the situation more clear? What do you think?

Have a nice day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com