Re: [glob2-devel] Perlin noise in libgag

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Perlin noise in libgag
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 02:39:04 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi,

Why is PerlinNoise.h in libgag/include? I understand it is required for clouds, but as the clouds drawing is abstracted the PerlinNoise.h could be only in libgag/src/?

It is in twice. I know. I only don't know how to include it correctly from one
location. If you'd could be so kind and remove one of them that would be great.

I've got a look at drawCloudShadowGL, you are drawing triangles indeed so I do not understand the squarish effect.

I guess there is some rounding error somewhere. if i set the alpha to 0/1 instead of
[0;1] i see very strange movement. Maybe if i find this "bug" a coarser
granularity would look fine, too.

I was thinking about adding a bit of genericity in rendering maps of single color with varying alpha. We could have a drawing code that would abstract it so we could use it both for clouds and colored areas. What do you think?

interested :)
so some kind of drawAlphaLayer(float ** heightMap, Color color,
coordX,coordY,cellsW,cellsH,cellsSize)