Re: [glob2-devel] Perlin noise in libgag

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Perlin noise in libgag
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:54:57 +0100

> > I was thinking about adding a bit of genericity in rendering maps of
> > single color with varying alpha. We could have a drawing code that would
> > abstract it so we could use it both for clouds and colored areas. What do
> > you think?
>
> interested :)
> so some kind of drawAlphaLayer(float ** heightMap, Color color,
> coordX,coordY,cellsW,cellsH,cellsSize)

Exactly, the vector could also be :
        const std::valarray<float> &
or
        const std::valarray<unsigned char> &
but the idea is there. It would also remove the dependency on PerlinNoise from
libgag.
I would have put cellSize before cellsW, cellsH as it is related to drawing
and thus related to coordX, coordY.

Have a nice day,

http://nct.ysagoon.com