Re: [glob2-devel] cvs access

From: Pope Retarded
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] cvs access
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:24:02 +0100

Great, thank you, it worked. :)

From: Kai Antweiler <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 19:00:49 +0100

> I guess you have some kind of a guide for this in the wiki, but since
> it's down I guess I'll have to ask here.
>
> I followed the instructions found on
> https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=User_Account_-_How_do_I_configure_my_SSH_access.txt
> and now I'm wondering how to connect and upload my file. I guess it's
> just a few commands and I'm done, but I don't know which these
> commands are. Please go through it step by step from the beginning.

Ok, your user name is retardedpope, right?

Get yourself a glob directory from savannah:
# cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/sources/glob2 co glob2
When asked, enter the password of the ssh key that you uploaded to
savannah.

You just need to do this once.
After that just go into this directory to update your glob2 this way:
# cd <name of the directory>
# cvs update
Again when asked, enter the password of the ssh key that you uploaded to
savannah.
Now you should have the newest glob2 files.
(Update is important, since cvs handles conflicts very bad.  That is
 different users making changes to the same version of a file, will give
 you a headache.  You alway want the latest commits of other developers,
 before starting your work.)

Do all cvs commands inside the glob directory - exept for the initial
cvs command, from the top of my mail.

When you have changed an existing file and want to upload it, do:
# cvs ci -m "<your log message>" <filename>

When you want to add a new file to the cvs repository, create that file,
edit it to your liking and then make it know to cvs with:
# cvs add <filename>
# cvs ci <filename>

The rest of cvs you will probably never need.
--
Kai Antweiler