Re: [glob2-devel] my first game in a long time :)

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] my first game in a long time :)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 09:35:54 +0100

> - opengl auto detection! that would be so nice. The person I was playing
> with had tons of lag because of sdl, but once I told him about the opengl
> settings, he fixed his fedora setup and we had a blast. Lots of newbies don't
> know about opengl and helping them decide would be nice.

I wouldn't set opengl automatically but tell the user to change if he did the
wrong choice with some red text that he needn't aknowledge. Reason: if our
detection detects wrong the user might end up having no screen at all.

> did that checkSum error get fixed in cvs? we were having that issue quite
> a bit, and my memory has been failing me a bit lately, I remember a
> conversation about it but not the outcome.

the bug is still in. i guess u didn't experience it anymore once your opponent
switched to opengl.

bradley wanted to do a net-code rewrite as far as i know. i will have tons of
free time soon when i wanted to start new tasks on glob2 so maybe i will look
into the net-rewrite, too.

other important tasks in my eyes:
-make the newbies aware of the auto-save-game.
-experiment with markets, fountains and/or portals
-discuss new units/unit-features. in my eyes explorers are too powerful globaly
(someone discussed global vs. local power recently and i liked that very much).
my vote concerning explorers would be to make them into dune2 style carry alls.
I loved these ;)

but before we gointo all this we should release a new version!!!

greetings, leo wandersleb