[glob2-devel] the ultimate hosting info thread

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: [glob2-devel] the ultimate hosting info thread
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:31:34 -0700

rather than having a bunch pop up, I just felt like creating one that will cover everything over time.

current update on the current hosting server:
- ssh keys are copied
- rsyncd is running and seems to be working
- fcron is setup and working, just type crontab to edit it :)
- YOGServer is still running, although at one point it segfaulted, no idea why but it's restarted.
- all software is up to date and glob2 can be compiled on it
- although it's a 64bit server, everything is compiled as 32-bit and no, that will not be changed as it would be too big of a hassle - fresh install according to Gentoo devs.

current update on my server:
Tyan is a pain to deal with, still working on getting a new motherboard, then need to test all old hardware, then put in the new raid and setup everything again.

Once my server is up and running, as long as drazak is ok with it I would like to use his server for the main and mine as another mirror for backups (I hope we get several people taking mirrors this time) since I can still do full administration with root, and he has a LOT more bandwidth than I do.

Steph: did you put the backup cron job on your system or the server? because I didn't see one on the server.

Any questions, comments requests related to the hosting, just keep it to this thread and it will be set as high priority to read by my client.

Cheers,
Kyle