[glob2-devel] Goals for the next release

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Goals for the next release
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:11:38 -0400

I have summarized a basic list of pre-1.0 goals that I would like to
achieve for the next release. Almost all of these are focused around
making the game more engaging, pulling the player into the game.

http://globulation2.org/wiki/Release_Goals

Our version 1.0 has to be ready to earn its title. All loose ends
tied, bugs are fixed, settings are all meaningful, the game is well
documented, the interface clean. I don't want to do any major gameplay
changes like adding a building untill after 1.0.

I think most of our game is done, we just need to get all of those
little things put together to create the ultimate open source RTS.

So for the next version or two, its these things that I think active
developers should focus most on. The ideas are on a wiki so feel free
to contribute. Right now glob2 feels like more of an aside game than
an engaging experience, despite having all of the features of good
games, we need to use them to there fullest potential. Make users
aware and desiring more.

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.