Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 20:30:41 -0400

On 5/1/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
I like this better.

(I should point out that the AIs _already_ take advantage of global
knowledge of the map that they wouldn't have in a fair game.  For
example, in deciding whether to launch an attempt to clear a path to
its enemy, Nicowar consults a global resource gradient to ask if there
is already a clear path between its buildings and its enemy's
buildings.  And this computation ignores which portion of the map has
been discovered.)

Hehe that is true, I suppose Nicowar does cheat in that sense. All
Echo AI's have access to global gradients of varying conditions. They
have to be able to compensate somehow, for the general judgement
ability that a human has. Even if a human can't see whats under the
undiscovered zone, they can take a guess, and still make accurrate
building positions. Guessing is far beyond an AI's capabilities
(atleast one that I can code), so they compensate by knowing. Even if
they know more than a human, they don't use that knowledge
particularly well.

I'm actual quite pleased that you where able to figure this out, it
must mean that my code is atleast partially readable,

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.