Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] all your bases are belong to Nicowar
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 13:37:32 +0200

Joe Wells wrote:
By the way, I don't have any trouble with the idea of a _user_option_
where the user can _choose_ to tell the AIs where their base is.

How about a user option
discover before start:
*nothing
*swarms
*map
*swarms and map

that would be fair to newbies as not only the swarms are vital info that an experienced player has. (fruits are there, algaes are not offshore, ...)

Leo Wandersleb

P.S.: this would make a cheat of placing walls around the swarm far more likely to happen. we should address that.
See
http://globulation2.org/wiki/Wishlist#Better_areas -> paving areas