Re: [glob2-devel] latest merge

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] latest merge
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 18:19:23 +0200

actually that was accidently. i don't get along with branches in hg. but still
it is no real damage as i commited my first change in that direction that had
more bugs to master, too.

I have looked into our repository again.  It looks like you merged
master into unitAssignmentByLeo as it should be.
But then you've done "hg branch master" before your next commit.
And this does not change your branch.  It only changes the name
of your branch.
From a cvs point of view we now have two branches called master.
But I think this isn't bad because the old master is merged into
unitAssignmentByLeo
which is now called master.

Best you think our mercurial branches just as names.
When you want to switch to another branch, the "hg branch" command will only
switch the name for your directory contents.  But they still descend from the
same revision.  You need to switch to the latest revision of the branch you
want: "hg revert --all -r master" (which will also remove all changes
in your working directory)
And change the name: "hg branch master"

--
Kai Antweiler