Re: [glob2-devel] more bugs on new glob2 version

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more bugs on new glob2 version
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:00:21 -0400

On 8/2/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
"Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/31/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     • Bug:Any attempt to draw any areas (forbidden, clearing, guard)
>       with any brush other than the smallest gets one of these 3 crashes
>       (the line number depends on the type of area):
>
>         glob2: src/Game.cpp:496: void Game::executeOrder(boost::shared_ptr<Order>, int): Assertion `false' failed.
>         glob2: src/Game.cpp:591: void Game::executeOrder(boost::shared_ptr<Order>, int): Assertion `false' failed.
>         glob2: src/Game.cpp:544: void Game::executeOrder(boost::shared_ptr<Order>, int): Assertion `false' failed.
>
> This works for me. I fixed a related bug regarding areas that caused a variety
> of crashes and bugs, this may be what your experiencing.

Here is some more information:The failure happens when you select
the brush with key strokes.  It works (no crash) if you select the
brush using the mouse.  I didn't notice earlier that it was working
when the brush was selected with the mouse because I never use the
mouse for that anymore because it takes way too long.

>     • User confusion bug:Why when you choose "Add Shortcut" does it add
>       a duplicate of the key binding of "escape" to "Show Main Menu"?  It
>       seems the default key for any new key binding is "escape".  It would
>       be better if the default were "no key chosen yet".  Similarly, it
>       would be better if the default action were "no action chosen yet"
>       instead of "show main menu".
>

> Its not really a duplicate, its just the default key binding. I'll
> change this now.

But it is a duplicate because there is already a binding for the
"escape" key.

--
Joe

Both of these bugs are fixed in the latest master/beta1-rc.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.