Re: [glob2-devel] themable music and feature freeze

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] themable music and feature freeze
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 20:30:38 +1200

Well, then consdiering data-2007 is still new, you have two choice as I see it:

* Move the music files to classic now, and change the beta1 code (ignoring the changes freeze this once) to point to zik/classic/  (no random music code, a simple directory change), then its ready for beta 2 to have random music. This would result in no broken distributions, no broken code, and easier to implement in beta 2.

* Dont worry. Move the files, dont edit beta 1 and hope people download pull versions between when data-2007 was created, and beta 2 release (the time in which music would still be in zik/

The first option is probably more reasonable :P But I'm sure you already knew these ^_^ I'm just staing the obvious :P

Regards
Kieran

On 8/9/07, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> As for syndata, the ways its setup, if it goes into the new data-2007
> folder (I knew it was a good idea to make ;)), then all it will mean is a
> few extra downloads in the future. It shouldn't break anything (provided
> the oringal 5 music files stay in zik/

I planned to moved the 5 original music into zik/classic, and let the game
scan zik/ to provide the user with a list of music theme. A special theme
would be random which would choose a random subdir of zik/ at each game
start.

http://stephane.magnenat.net