Re: [glob2-devel] themable music and feature freeze

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] themable music and feature freeze
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:36:43 -0400

On 8/9/07, Kieran P <address@hidden> wrote:
Well, then consdiering data-2007 is still new, you have two choice as I see it:

* Move the music files to classic now, and change the beta1 code (ignoring the changes freeze this once) to point to zik/classic/  (no random music code, a simple directory change), then its ready for beta 2 to have random music. This would result in no broken distributions, no broken code, and easier to implement in beta 2.

* Dont worry. Move the files, dont edit beta 1 and hope people download pull versions between when data-2007 was created, and beta 2 release (the time in which music would still be in zik/

The first option is probably more reasonable :P But I'm sure you already knew these ^_^ I'm just staing the obvious :P

Regards
Kieran

The real option is to keep beta one the way it is, and simply do an improved system for data versions, more than just adding a label for 2007. Just change a couple folder names to "version 2" or something along those lines, change that in beta 1, then change to "version 3" in the master.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.