Re: [glob2-devel] my final release candidate testing feedback

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] my final release candidate testing feedback
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:11:04 +1200

>• Bug:I'm seeing this error message:
>StringTable::getString("[wheat], -1") : error, no such key.

I believe this is because only [Wheat] (upper case W) exists, and its case sensitive. If this is the case, just change the ingame thing trying to find [wheat] to find [Wheat].

>• Bug (or merely extreme annoyance?): [snip] The updating of the number of these dots can fall way behind (by entire minutes!) the adjustments, if you make a large number of adjustments very quickly

For the record, its not lag. It simply insists on following through on what you request, even if at the end its different. If you request 10 then 5, it wont just to five, it will up to 10, then down to 5.

"extreme annoyance"??? how about minor nitpick :P No one scales it up and down continuously ! Your finding every bug (if you can call this one) under the sun, which isn't bad, but again, we need good serious bugs, not things that rarely happen and not really bugs but its normal behavior :P

On top of all that, my game of Globulation just crashed on Windows without warning, and gdb isn't the best on this system. I'll see if I can duplicate it on Linux. In the mean time, it looks like only a few things are left to fix/test.

Beta 1 release is getting close each time ;)
--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/