Re: [glob2-devel] my final release candidate testing feedback

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] my final release candidate testing feedback
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:50:22 +0100

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

>> • Bug (or merely extreme annoyance?): [snip] The updating of the
>>   number of these dots can fall way behind (by entire minutes!) the
>>   adjustments, if you make a large number of adjustments very quickly
>
> For the record, its not lag. It simply insists on following through
> on what you request, even if at the end its different. If you
> request 10 then 5, it wont just to five, it will up to 10, then down
> to 5.

Then why does it take minutes to carry out the redrawing of the dots
while the status display in the right panel is updated instantly to
the final result?

There are two possibilities:

1. The status display is wrong and it really is taking minutes to
   carry out the changes.  If so, there are two bugs.  First, a change
   in the status of a building/flag that takes the user 2 seconds to
   do should not take minutes to be carried out.  Second, the display
   in the status panel is wrong.

2. The status display is correct and the changes are carried out
   almost instantly, but the dots above the building take minutes to
   be updated.  If so, this is a bug, because it means the dots above
   the building can be inaccurate for minutes.

> "extreme annoyance"??? how about minor nitpick :P No one scales it
> up and down continuously ! Your finding every bug (if you can call
> this one) under the sun, which isn't bad,

I'm so happy to hear that you think it isn't bad!  Therefore, I will
continue.  :-)  ☺

> but again, we need good serious bugs,

You mean like the 9 crashing bugs I've reported with the release
candidate?

No, we don't need crashing bugs.  It would be much better if those
bugs didn't exist and we could focus on polishing.

> not things that rarely happen and not really bugs but its normal
> behavior :P

I completely disagree about whether the above-described behavior is
acceptable.  It is definitely a bug.

--
Joe