Re: [glob2-devel] no tags in hg since 0.8.21

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] no tags in hg since 0.8.21
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:41:44 +0200

> Since Alpha 23 we switched to  mercurial. There should have been CVS tag
> for
> Alpha 23, Anyhow, we now use branches as a substitute for tags, although
> we
> can do both if its desired.

i guess it is not a bad idea to label in the branch so we know the source code
state of each released file.

imagine we could maintain different releases so if i do a bug fix i commit it
to master and all maintained released versions (beta2 and beta3 p.e.) and new
features go only to master. this way we could always release two versions (like
the debian stable and testing). but still we should have tags to know what's
out as a binary.