[glob2-devel] pro bt

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] pro bt
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:16:44 +0200

> Because a lot of us are boycotting our bugtracker, I remember than
> launchpad.net

please not yet another plattform. our bugtracker has all a bt needs. sorting,
filtering, automated mail delivery to the right people.

a mail system/wiki can also not provide features like "filter most significant
open bugs", "filter those assigned to me", ...

so instead of introducing a new bt please convince people that such a thing is
meaningfull. you will never get a fully qualified bug report (version,
severity, state, priority, ...) from mails not intended to go into a bt. a bt
also needs disciplin (search if bug exists, one bug per report, tell bt when
bug is fixed, ...)

problem is, the maintainer of glob2 doesn't like bt neither. else i would vote
to make heavy use of the bt including the vote system for wish bugs and flaming
all that put bugs on the ml and not on the bt.

one could argue that small and easy to fix bugs in branches that are actively
developed could go to the ml but i oppose that as we will definitely miss bugs
if we don't use a central point for bug reporting what only can be a bt.

Leo Wandersleb