Re: [glob2-devel] External perception of glob2 community

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] External perception of glob2 community
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:26:00 +0200

> - We should even welcome and encourage more artists. I've put the blender
> source of the globules here:
> http://stephane.magnenat.net/~nct/glob2-globules-blender-source.tar.gz

Are these the graphics for our loading page or for the game?

> We should think more of glob2 as a game and less as a software, look at
> starcraft 2 buzz, in the end, the core of our engine is probably as good as
> theirs, perhaps event better, yet...

Somewhat true.  I haven't played glob2 for about one year.  Testing
yes, playing no.
Glob2 game take simply way too long for most people.  We have to include options
for 15-30 minutes games.  I suggest, that we create some maps where we
start with
already build up villages.  Or that players get points to spend.  With
those they can
buy buildings before the start of the game and place them in a special area.
And probably save this village and reload and edit it for another game
if he likes.
--
Kai Antweiler