Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:28:17 +0200

> I worry that your proposal will starve the low scoring buildings
> completely.

I'm afraid the right opposite would be the case. You might have noticed that
now, if you can fully occupy your units with inns (fruits are a pain here) they
will refuse to do anything else.

My concept helps in that it guaranties a worker if the continually rising score
is high enough what will happen to evey building as all buildings that get a
worker will loose 5% of score while the others rise on.

The problem i see is that if 100 buildings are all set up at once initialized
with score=100 they will all get one worker assigned one after the other.

also i guess i would have to distinguish in prioritizing those buildings that
need a continous suply and those that need n ressources once to operate.
1st group should get lower priority the higher it is filled (to bring prunes
when there are already 180 is a task that can wait at least one minute (2 units
fed / s = 180/2 s = 1.5 min.))
2nd group should have priority independent from the building state.

> You might like to revisit my comments on priorities in these messages:
>
>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-04/msg00130.html
>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/glob2-devel/2007-04/msg00134.html

will do