Re: [glob2-devel] Ready to Release

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Ready to Release
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 07:02:44 +0100

Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think everyone should begin updating their build information such as
>> debian/mandriva. Don't expect other people to do it, if you maintain the
>> build its your responsibility.
>
> Well, I would say it's the responsibility of people who broken them by
> changing the build system.

Agreed.  :-)  ☺

> Anyway, I'll try to find some time to fix debian build system.

On Ubuntu 6.06 (Debian-based, version code name “Dapper Drake”), I
merely needed to do this:

  apt-get build-dep glob2
  apt-get install scons libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libboost-thread-dev

This is using the dependencies of an older version of glob2 and then
merely adding 3 new dependencies.

Probably the dependencies on autoconf, etc. should now be dropped due
to the switch to scons.

Then in the unpacked glob2 directory, I ran this command.

  scons

That's all it took, so I imagine there is not much to change in
building the .deb file.

I hope this helps.

--
Joe