[glob2-devel] Ready to Release

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Ready to Release
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 01:10:19 -0400

Despite the few crash bugs people are getting, there is nothing much I can do to fix them. I have done my best to reproduce these bugs but with little success.

I think we need to release the the broader public, make it available. If the bugs are common for everyone, then we should eventually get something reproducible, and we can do a Beta 2 release soon afterwards with them fixed.

I think everyone should begin updating their build information such as debian/mandriva. Don't expect other people to do it, if you maintain the build its your responsibility.

Others can generate the source as-is, make a note that the released source code tar ball does not yet have updated build information for these packages. Good thing about a candidate branch is that these changes can keep going. I figure this is a wise decision.

Windows release is certainly ok to go

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.