Re: [glob2-devel] revisiting unit conversion (and how overpowered it is)

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] revisiting unit conversion (and how overpowered it is)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:11:39 +0100

hi

i love the conversion system as is.
especially on big maps this is not powerful at all.

one point is fruits itself.
if you have no fruits on the map, conversion makes perfect sense.
units rather convert than die.

in that way this is a map design issue. i personally love fruit rushes.
if you don't like them, don't play fruit maps.

how about an option in pre-game "remove fruits"?

> I'm sure you can see from that how overpowered that is and how fast
> it can ruin a game.

i don't. please explain.

> here's my proposal for a new way to do conversion:
>
> - unit becomes hungry
> - unit gets a list of all inns within range, including enemy inns
> - unit checks own inns for room and food. if there are empty slots
> then check if any inns have fruit and go there, otherwise go to
> first available.
> - if all inns are full then look at enemy inns for fruit. if enemy
> has fruit and a free spot, convert.
> - if no friendly inns in range and hostile inns are in range, convert.

:( no. please play maps without fruit to get close to this.

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb