[glob2-devel] new download pages

From: Alex Illingworth
Subject: [glob2-devel] new download pages
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:24:12 +0000

Hey guys,
I really like the new pages. It looks good. But there's a couple of things I
thought i would mention:

1.  By clicking on the text beneath the penguin, you're taken to the right
place further down the page, but if you click on the penguin itself, you're
still taken to the old page

I assume this was just an oversight, so I've made this change. I hope nobody
minds.

2.  Would it be better to have a title above the linux packages saying Linux
Packages...
i.e.
Globulation 2 beta 2 (0.9.2)

[The four pictures]
[the text beneath them]

Linux Packages

[The pink box]
[The pictures of the different distributions]

3.  Is it worth mentioning that you can get glob2 in ubuntu through apt-get?
They're the same version as the .deb packages listed on the
download_and_install page
As a side point... how easy is it to build packages to go into the apt-get
repositories? How do you get them into the repos?... I imagine a lot of
relatively new users on linux would struggle to install all the required
dependencies and compile from source, and so would just end up using the old
versions.

thanks,
Alex
The next generation of Windows Live is here
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live