Re: [glob2-devel] YOG 9.3 compatibility

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] YOG 9.3 compatibility
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 10:46:31 +0200

On Sunday 07 September 2008 00:44:12 donkyhotay wrote:
> Although I've been on this mailing list forever I haven't had the time
> to monitor whats been happening with globulation for the past year or
> so, so this may have been mentioned already and I just missed it.
> Anyways I was trying to play a game with some friends of mine the other
> day and found out the hard way that apparently version 9.3 isn't
> compatible with YOG anymore. Self compiling isn't much of an issue for
> me on linux however I don't have a windows machine, I don't know how to
> cross-compile for windows using linux, and my friends don't know how to
> compile on their own machines. Can someone with a pre-compiled windows
> binary of the 9.4 code send that to me so I can give it to my friends to
> play on YOG. Also it might be a good idea to have a copy of this on the
> website even if it's not an official release. It's one thing to have
> older releases with missing features on it but another to have older
> releases that aren't compatible with the server at all.

What is the status of YOG in particular, and Glob2 in general ? What did
Bradley finished and what is to do ? Will Bradley still have time to work a
bit on Glob2 ? If not, what should we do ?

We should prevent Glob2 to fall in idleness once again, however, I have no
miracle receipie to prevent this to happen.

Any suggestion is welcome. Have a nice day,

http://stephane.magnenat.net