Re: [glob2-devel] beta5-rc

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] beta5-rc
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:21:11 +0200

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
> That is great news! If this code is merged to default, and its interface is
> clear, other people can contribute the missing GUI items. That is probably
> not difficult. I suggest to put the new GUI options in place of the unit tab
> in the screen, so no addition GUI pane is required. What do you think?

migi is on it. he/we decided to replace the first tab, drop the second and leave
the other two statistics tabs.
to not have it be a nasty hack, he's still not clear about where to integrate it
code-wise.

when it comes to branching i still would want to go beta5-rc with the clear
announcment: no new features but lets do what essentially is missing for the
existing features (gui). not merging replay to default would leave it in
experimental state somehow. not branching off beta5-rc would imply people are
welcome to add new features that all would need testing and bugfixing for a
release.

another option would actually be to backport replay to beta4-rc and have a beta5
that is compatible with beta4. that would save the players big deal of caring
about versions in the transition phase and we would be able to stick with one
server for some more time.

would we actually have to name it beta4 to have yog allow games vs. players of
version 4? would be good to both name it 5 for showing progress and have it
playable vs. 4.

Regards

Leo Wandersleb