Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: buildings discussion

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] graphic standardization: buildings discussion
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:16:04 +0100 (BST)

>> the damaged graphic must be present in each building with just 1 set
>> (now some don't have, some have 2, some others have 1)
>
> The reason is that some buildings have more frames to show progress on
> damages. This is a nice feature, do not remove it.

i think it should be 1 for every, or at least the game should
automatically check for the presence of more.

>> a dynamically configuration file should be added for the stats of the
>> buildings.
>
> There is already, see data/buildings.txt

i have tried to use it but if i change something the game crashes.
i just changed the string of the "tower construction" and as soon as i
tried to build a tower the game crashed

> While I agree for the terrain, I'm not sure the change is worth the work
> for
> the buildings.

it is, cause if you multiply it for all the buildings you got a lot of
less files.

it is also necessary for the units, having almost the same amount of
frames as the tiles of the terrain