Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 without X

From: Brian Cloutier
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] glob2 without X
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:42:12 -0700

Glob2,

As I was looking through the YOG code, I found a small problem. Currently glob2 is written to use the SDL_net library for its networking. However SDL_net requires SDL, a blatantly graphics-related library. Does anybody know a way of using SDL_net without having to install graphics libraries? Giszmo and I looked for a while and couldn't find anything, but maybe you have better luck.

If this isn't possible then it looks like the only way to get a headless YOG server working is to rewrite YOG to use a different network library, something far beyond my abilities.

Thanks,
Brian