Re: [glob2-devel] GPL / (c) - Header

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] GPL / (c) - Header
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:52:25 +0100

hi

sorry for the noise. The FSF suggests to do it exactly like that. A big block of
(c) and GPL in the beginning of every file [1]. Well so then be it. Others [2]
do it, too.
It only looks a bit weird if we put (c) info on every file for each contributor
who ever changed a line. sure if we ever want to change the license, knowing who
is copyright owner would be essential but i'd like to keep it simple and as
fiddling out who has contributed to which file and when would be a nightmare
already and near to impossible without automatisms using the vcs i'd rather want
to remove the (c) stuff altogether than adding me to hundreds of files if
possible.

regards,

leo wandersleb

[1] http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-howto.html