glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] NRCFOSS: FOSS Alternatives for T-Schools.

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] NRCFOSS: FOSS Alternatives for T-Schools.
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:23:17 +0530

> NRC-FOSS is already in close touch with NIT Allahabad. Here is one
> link http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/full/24/AN/

What I'm trying to say is that NITH should get involved too.

I think it is time the alumni (us) stepped in. Debarshi, should we try
and convince the Institute to interact with the community? A simple
system of having CSED students choose from a set of FS projects for
their Minor/Major would accomplish this. I think Rakesh ought to use
his push and pull here ;)

We have 4 staunch supporters (Anoop Sir, YDS Sir, KSP Sir, Guleria
Sir) in the Insti now, and the fact that we are now 'alumni' should
help. This is the time.

What say?

Arjun