glug-nith-discuss

[Glug-nith-discuss] SFD'07 ends successful in NITH by GLUG-NITH

From: sagar sk
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] SFD'07 ends successful in NITH by GLUG-NITH
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:24:23 +0530

Wow! What a day it was. Hat off to all people who worked for the
Celebration Software Freedom day07,
       We had a great time today to organize the celebrating SFD in
the college. It started in this way:
 we had brief introduction about the  GLUG-NITH, what is it? Why is
it? Generally introduction.
Follow by this we discussed about the Software Freedom Day, what are
we going to do in this, explained about the works shop we are going to
have it and then later it was the time for mailing list, where i hope
many people were attracted by hearing this, hoping we will have quite
a few new active members in mailing list in some time.
       Then we had a Demo of the Ubuntu 7.04, in which we explained
the uses of synaptic and the application like music players, open
office, gimp, games, etc.
       During this we had our guest for SFD:
            we invited, The Director : Dr. I.K.Bhat
                                The Registrar: Dr. G.R Brati
                               Student Advisor: Dr. Anoop kumar
                               CSE Faculty: sh. Ashwini

  Then we continued it with the 1st workshop " Python Programming
Workshop. In which the basics where explained, but i cant say it as
basic it was more than a basic, students seriously showed there
interests by asking doubts and note downing the important points which
took almost 2 hours and then we had a hands on coding contest, where
in we had 15 teams of 2 to 3 members per team. It was pretty
interesting for both participants and even for us.
Then it was the time for the refreshments, with the whole group
laughing, chatting ,share the mistakes made by all and generally it
was Cool.
The whole day went on with these 2 things, didn't had time for the
GCC/GDB/GMake Workshop which we are going to have it very soon on next
GLUG event.
Then the time for Ending SFD'07, where in the GLUG-user group invited
the participants for joining the GLUG-NITH.
Here the people who worked for the SFD'07 to celebrate it the college.
Vivek.Shah
Sagar.S.k
Divya
Kusboo
Arjun.b.s
Shishir.
Agam.G
Ashwini
Diwakar.J

i guess i have not left anybody in this, if yes then am sorry for
that. I guess brief explained the entire days activity. So, lets see
the response from others regarding Celebration of SFD'07 in NITH by
GLUG-NITH.