gm-devel

Re: [Gm-devel] Changes to XML

From: Henrik Abelsson
Subject: Re: [Gm-devel] Changes to XML
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 22:08:34 +0100

Jesse Lovelace wrote:

Hi all, I've re-wrote the XMLNode to do deep copies on all assignment ("=") and constructors. Please look over these changes and see if they are ok by you (or if they work as well as I hope they will).
Uhm.. no, that's *not* a good idea. It'll break stuff. (plus it's slower).

I'd suggest adding a deepCopy() method instead for those times you really want deep copies.

I also think we should add CryptoPP to our source distribution in the directory lib/crypto, I think this will simplify the install process and reduce the need for the HAVE_CRYPTO symbol.

I hate sounding so negative :)

Ideally i'd like to replace Crypto++ with something smaller. Almost half of the size of the binary comes from Crypto++.

Or well, sure, we could put it in lib/crypto (like you say, it's more convenient), but i'd still want to leave crypto optional.

Also, I'm re-writing my authload class to be better organized and run faster, after that is done it wont be long (maybe week) until a stable release of my client is done. Do we know if the MSN, Yahoo, and ICQ protocols still work? I haven't been able to test them, but we need to iron out any bugs in their implimentations. Also, can (Emil maybe), look at the additions I made to the protocol base class (Set away, set info, etc.) and see if these can be implemented on those (I've already done it in TOC).

ICQ works fine, MSN i haven't tested lately. Yahoo is AFAIK not even close to working..

Cheers,

jesse