Re: [Gm2] Issue with rename a function & compiler crash

From: Benjamin Kowarsch
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Issue with rename a function & compiler crash
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:56:46 +0900

Hi John,

On Mar 13, 2018, at 03:31, john o goyo wrote:

We need a Modula-2 pretty-printer, Gaius, to make life easier.  (There are several on the "Net but they all need tweaking.)

I had contributed Modula-2 support to the Pygments source code rendering framework a few years ago.

http://pygments.org/

This can be used either on a website for rendering source code in web pages server side or standalone as a command line utility and it does not need any tweaking for Modula-2.

It supports multiple dialects and some 14 or 15 compiler specific extension "dialectinos" (Italian diminutive for lack of a proper English one). It even has an algol-publishing mode to render your sources in the style of the Algol-60 report which is still the de-facto standard for algorithms in scholarly papers. It can output various formats including but not limited to RTF, PDF and HTML.

http://pygments.org/docs/lexers/?highlight=modula#pygments.lexers.modula2.Modula2Lexer

hope this helps

regards
benjamin